Friday, January 1, 2016

A 2016 New Year's Resolution For Everyone!!!

New Year's Resolution: Buy A Gun

By Matt Kibbe | Conservative Review

t’s time to double down in defense of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights, in defense of the personal liberties that make our country so extraordinary.  So this is my New Year’s Resolution.

I am going to buy a gun.

Maybe this sounds almost trivial coming from a committed libertarian. Big government types love to characterize us small government types as hunkered down in our basements, armed to the teeth, waiting for the End of Days, and clinging to our guns…. Not me. I’ve never felt particularly compelled to own a gun, although I have shot plenty of them over the years.

Now, I feel a responsibility.

I want to be prepared to defend myself and my family, and my community if necessary.

But it’s just not good enough any more. I am particularly worried that we will lose what makes America so exceptional, as politicians grab more of our liberties from us in the name of “security.” Hillary Clinton is going after First Amendment speech and encryption. “Neo-Conservatives” like Senator Lindsey Graham think that the Fourth Amendment is antiquated; that your right to be secure in your person, home, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, no longer applies. 

Bipartisan congressional collusion has empowered an unaccountable mass surveillance state, and the Legislative Branch has abdicated its responsibility to authorize war, shifting ever more power to the Executive Branch.


And the President of the United States, who swore an oath of office to defend and protect the Constitution, shows open distain for its key provisions protecting our liberties, particularly the Second Amendment. Barack Obama seems to genuinely believe that he can staunch the threat of homegrown Islamic terrorism simply by taking away the right of every law-abiding American to own a weapon -- the right to defend yourself from attack from those who would want to hurt you and your family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment